2021 Williston Golf Club
Play Smart-Play Safe Guidelines:
Effective 5/1 – 5/31
Based on The State of Vermont Reopening Roadmap, we have updated our Play Smart-Play Safe Guidelines. The Reopening Roadmap is a phased in approach that changes monthly as more people become vaccinated. The Roadmap along with all Vermont Department of Health and Vermont Agency of Commerce Guidelines will be closely monitored and followed by our Staff. We will be asking our Membership and Daily Guests for their best efforts in adhering to The State of Vermont Guidelines and thank everyone in advance for their understanding and cooperation.
We look forward to a return to normalcy. All of the Three Business Sectors at The Williston Golf Club which include Retail, Restaurant and Outside Recreation Sectors have now been removed from the requirements of Sector Specific Guidance. Universal Guidance now applies to all of our business sectors as we continue toward a complete reopening.
Universal Guidance is in a sense a return to normal business operations as prior to the pandemic regarding occupancy limits and health code requirements. Additionally, it includes continued practices of following Mask Mandates, 6 ft. Physical Distancing Protocols, Proper Hygiene Practices and Cross State Travel Guidelines.
The State of Vermont Mask Mandate has been modified in accordance with CDC Guidelines:
Masks are not required while outside in uncrowded areas where proper physical distancing can occur.
Masks are required while outside in crowded areas when proper physical distancing cannot occur.
Masks are required while inside any public area. *Except when dining, eating and drinking.
We will continue to keep you updated regarding additional changes to The Mask Mandate as they occur. We ask for your continued understanding and cooperation ensuring compliance while at WGC.
Our Staff is committed to following all guidance and requirements issued by The State of Vermont. Our goal is to continue to operate WGC in a responsible manner and prioritize the health and safety of our Staff, Members and Daily Guests.
Williston Golf Club’s Current Play Smart-Play Safe Guidelines are as follows:
The Golf Course (Outside Recreation):
1. Masks are not required while outside in uncrowded areas where proper physical distancing can occur. This includes all areas immediately surrounding the clubhouse (Parking Lot, Cart Area and On-Deck Waiting Area) and obviously the golf course itself.
2. When Outside and not wearing Mask you must maintain 6 ft. Physical Distancing. We will remind our guests to “Spread Out OR Mask Up” in the event these Outside Areas become crowded.
3. We have staged the course, in a normal fashion, meaning Trash/Recycling Cans, Bunker Rakes, Benches and Ball Washers are available. Please use these amenities based on your comfort level.
4. Water Stations will not be available at this time. Water Stations will reopen soon as the weather warms. Meanwhile please prepare accordingly and bring your own water to remain hydrated while on the course. Beverages are also available for purchase in the Clubhouse.
5. Flagsticks, in accordance with USGA Rules, may be left in the hole OR may be removed from the hole based on your preference and comfort level.
6. Golf Carts – We ask that players ride together and limit usage to 2 Carts per group. Exceptions for players that are not able to share a cart with others may be accommodated with approval from the Pro Shop Staff.
Old Duffer’s Tavern (Restaurant):
1. Inside Dining Area - 100% Occupancy is allowed. Some tables may be closed to allow seating arrangements with tables spaced 6 feet apart.
2. Outside Dining Areas – 100% Occupancy is allowed. Tables are spaced 6 feet apart.
3. Masks are required while inside The Clubhouse and in the Outdoor Dining Areas any time you are not consuming food or beverages. Mask up when using restrooms, selecting Grab n’ Go items at the turn and ordering foodstuffs at service counter. When in the outside dining areas 6ft. Physical Distancing should be maintained when standing and not wearing mask. We will remind guests to “Spread Out OR Mask Up” if the outside dining areas become crowded.
4. Our Staff sanitizes Restrooms and commonly touched items such as door knobs, handles and service counters on a frequent and scheduled timetable. Our Staff sanitizes Dining Tables and Chairs after each use. Our Staff cleanses hands between every transaction with customers.
The Pro Shop (Retail):
Mask are required while in The Clubhouse and in The Pro Shop. Please Maintain 6 foot spacing while waiting to access Pro Shop Counter, while browsing/shopping and using the GHIN Kiosk and Member Center. Mingling / Socializing in The Pro Shop should be brief to avoid a congregated setting. Please utilize areas outside of The Pro Shop for those prolonged social interactions where 6 ft. spacing is more easily achieved.
Cross State Travel:
1. WGC will make our best effort to ensure that all Members and Guests have followed State Guidelines. Our Staff directs non-members to the homepage of our website and to Vermont Department of Health website, at the time they make a reservation, to ensure they are aware of the guidelines.
2. We will assume that everyone is adhering to the Cross State Travel Guidelines and is doing their part to ensure the health and safety of others.
3. The below information is provided from the Vermont Department of Health and more details are available at https://www.healthvermont.gov/covid-19/travel-quarantine
As part of Vermont's phased reopening plan, there is new travel guidance, effective April 9, 2021. Except for international travel, travel no longer requires quarantine.
- Unvaccinated Vermonters who have traveled outside the state must be tested within 3 days of returning to Vermont. Learn more.
- Unvaccinated people planning to visit Vermont must have a COVID-19 test within 3 days before arriving in Vermont. Learn more.
- Rules for international travel are different. Learn more